A broadband is a way of transmitting large amounts of information like data, voice, and video in which a wide band of frequencies is available to transmit these information. Because a wide band of frequencies is available, information can be multiplexed and sent on many different frequencies or channels within the band simultaneously, allowing more information to be transmitted and in the United Kingdom, BT total broadband offers the most complete and cheap broadband services through BT Total Broadband.
BT Broadband Packages
Option 1 - 18 month contract, £8.95 per month for the first six months, £17.99 thereafter
- 12 month contract, £12.99 per month for the first three months, £17.99 thereafter
- Standard wired router that allows consumers to surf the web at high speed
- 5GB download allowance which is sufficient for downloading small amount of information in the internet
- Up to 8Mb download speed with your own broadband speed test checker
- BT Vision ready and comes with BT Vision V-box which is a digital TV recorder that allows you to pause, rewind and record live TV and access digital Freeview TV and radio channels and thousands of hours of on-demand TV
- 24/7 helpline and free online support to all BT consumers
- Basic security including email antivirus protection and parental controls to protect you and your family while using the internet
- Cheap evening and weekend broadband calls to anywhere in the world using your normal phone or the BT Hub phone
- 250 WiFi minutes per month
- BT digital vault with 5GB storage capacity to store your digital photos, videos, and other important files
Option 2 - 18 month contract, £13.99 per month for the first 6 months, £22.99 thereafter
- 12 month contract, £17.99 per month for the first 3 months, £22.99 thereafter
· Wireless BT home hub
· 8 GB download allowance
· Norton Advanced Security
· 350 WiFi minutes per month
· All the other features in option 1
Option 3 – 18 month contract, £18.99 per month for the first 6 months, £24.99 thereafter
- 12 month contract, £22.99 per month for the first 3 months, £24.99 thereafter
- Wireless BT Home Hub with BT Hub Phone
- Unlimited downloads
- Norton Advanced Security
- Unlimited WiFi minutes per month
- All the other features in option 1
1) Home IT Support – provides consumers with expert IT advice regarding their PCs, printers, iPods, cameras, and more over the phone or in the comfort of your own home.
2) Entertainment – enables the consumers to play Xbox or PS2 games with millions of other online gamers or get the best in podcasting.
3) Wi-Fi services – enables you to access Internet hot spots and be part of the world’s largest Wi-Fi Internet community.
4) Online Security – to help protect your computers against viruses, spyware, identity theft and hacking codes with the latest in online security.
5) E-Mail and IM - enables you the consumers to make phone calls to other broadband users and get multiple e-mail addresses and huge storage
6) BT Home Monitoring – is a total home protection system that alerts you of possible emergencies wherever you are.